The other day I was running/shufflling/tripping/walking around the local athletics track and was being lapped by a young guy who was running so effortlessly and beautifully that I couldn’t help but tell him how impressed I was.
And it made me think of all the things that people do that impress me no end (warning: it’s a pretty shallow list):
- People that can run without looking like they are about to expire.
- People that can wear white clothes without spilling food on them.
- People that can wear linen without looking like they have been sleeping in their clothes.
- People that can wear hats without looking like a young school child.
- People that can write music or songs. I think the ability to produce such magic out of thin air are absolute marvels.
- People that have never smacked their children. Your tolerance and patience humbles me.
- People that can do maths – and apply it to everyday situations.
- People that can remember names.
- People that can reverse down a driveway.
- People that can go to the gym and not sweat buckets.
- People that can wink.
- People that can do that cool whistle that makes taxis stop.
I take my hat off to you all!
What would your list include?