So, you want me to be a CEO, hmm?
Well, I have a few questions:
- Will you let me come in to work late so I can see my children receive their Principal Awards at their Monday morning assembly?
- Will you let me leave work early to attend parent/teacher interviews that are allotted times between 3.30pm and 5.30pm?
- Will you let me leave work to watch my child in his/her primary school production that for some reason is always scheduled at 4.45pm?
- Will you promise not to roll your eyes at me and get uncomfortable when I get a bit teary because I am really, really tired from nights of unbroken sleep due to a child with a nasty bout of gastro?
- Will you let me leave work early and work from home once the kids are in bed, so I can finally get a few moments of productive work time?
- Will you promise to never make sexist, patronising remarks and when I object to them, to not tell me to “get a sense of humour”?
- Will you pay me at least as much as the male CEO who held the position before me?
- Will you not assume that I am not pulling my weight just because I leave on time.
- Will you admire my excellent time management skills and realise that is why I don’t have to work back late every night?
- Will you promise to never ask me how I juggle being a full time CEO and mother?
if you answer yes to all these questions, then I accept!